In today’s world, obesity has been a serious issue to all of us especially, the modern generation. The term ‘obese ‘ means having a much higher amount of body fat.
Having high body fat can have various impacts on our bodies. Some short-term effects of being fat are laziness, increased appetite, etc.
If this issue is not cured, it can be a source of various diseases such as high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
Nowadays gyming sessions are first on the priority list of all people having a high body fat content.
We have seen many videos of how to lose thigh fats, belly fats, arm fats, etc. But little did we know the process of losing chin fat.
Chin fat is also known as submental fat- it is a common problem that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin.
It can also be termed as double chin in Layman’s language. Usually a double chin is associated with weight gain but there are various cases where a person with a normal body weight also having a double chin.
Very High-Fat Content in the Body as Well as in the Chin Can be due to Various Reasons Such as:
- Eating too much without any proper locomotion.
- High-fat contents foods such as butter, cheese, etc can be a reason for being fat.
- Consuming a high amount of energy and sugars, without burning off the energy through various exercises, etc.
Causes of Chin Fat
A diet high in the intake of calories, processed foods, and unhealthful fats may result in weight gain and a double chin as well.
Chin fat can also be classified as a genetically inherited problem. Anyone having a family history of skin with double chins might be more exposed to this condition.
A double chin can also be formed due to the weak elasticity of the skin. Poor sitting and sleeping posture can weaken the elasticity of the neck and chin.
How to Lose Chin Fat ?
You can lose your chin fat by following a healthy diet and some exercises highly dedicated to it.
- Try to stretch your tongue as much as you can.
- Lift your tongue upwards towards the nose.
- Hold it for 10 seconds and release.
- Hold a small ball under your chin.
- Put your head downward and press the ball with your chin.
- Repeat the process 25 times daily.
Straight Jaw Jut
- Move your head backward.
- Try to move your lower jaw forward to experience a stretch in your chin.
- Hold and count to 10 and then relax.
Bottom Jaw Jut
- Move your head back the same as the straight jaw jut exercise.
- Move your head towards the right and try to move your bottom jaw forward.
- Count to 10 seconds and release.
- Repeat the same with your head in the other direction.
- Tilt your head backward with your face facing towards the ceiling.
- Maintain a kissing-like posture with your lips until you feel a stretch under your skin.
- Once you experience a stretch, it’s done.
Healthy Guidelines to Reduce your Chin Fat
- Avoid junk foods and processed foods.
- Try to have protein-rich foods such as eggs and fish.
- Try to include healthy fat content in your diets such as olive oil, avocados, and nuts.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods.
- Try to avoid dairy products that are high in calorie.
- Try to minimize sugar intake.
- It is not like a surgical mask, these face masks can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of a double chin.
- A natural mask composed of honey, lemon juice, and egg white helps in reducing chin fat. However these methods should always be followed by exercise.
- A healthy diet may help reduce some portion of the chin fat, especially if it is caused by overweight. The main criteria are to reduce the intake of calorie-based foods.
- Drinking plenty of water and water-rich fruits, such as watermelons and cucumbers may also help in reducing fat in the body.
Surgical Treatments to Reduce Chin Fat
Mostly one can reduce his chin fat by the suggested exercises and diet pattern, but double chin caused due to some genetic disorder cannot be fixed with this.
In that case, surgical treatments are the best way to lose your chin fat. Some of them are:
Lipolysis- also known as lipoculture is based on liposuction or high heat from a laser to melt the chin fat.
A local anesthetic is needed during this treatment. Lipolysis only helps in fat cutting. It can’t increase the skin’s elasticity.
Side effects of lipolysis include swelling of that part and pain in the adjoining areas.
It is a procedure in which some fat-dissolving drugs are injected into the person’s body such as deoxycholic acid. Deocycholic acid enables your body to absorb fat.
The treatment includes 20 injections of deoxycholic acid with a maximum of six treatments.
A gap of one month should be maintained between the treatments. Side effects of deoxycholic acid include swelling of the face, pain, numbness, etc.
It is recommended not to opt for surgical treatment unless it is very necessary. Losingchin fat is not at all a hectic process.
This treatments might help in reducing your chin fat. But can have adverse effects in the future which can result in severe deterioration of your body.
Having a double chin doesn’t signify any disease. It is a very common problem that especially persists among people who are overweight or have a high-fat content in their bodies.
A jaw bone can be described as the base which provides support to the entire face. You can enhance the look of your face by just reducing the chin fat.
There are various measures that are suggested in this article to reduce your chin fat. And you can have a nice jawline just by following the steps given.