Some may swear by it, while others may dismiss it as a fad. You can’t ignore it no matter which side of the coin you look at. The word is, indeed, fitness. It is past time for people to recognize the value of fitness in their daily lives.
But people are still unaware of Importance of Yoga in Modern Life. People became preoccupied with earning money when the industrial revolution occurred.
Jobs became available, and one could use their skills to make a living. This was aided further by the global IT industry’s expansion. While all of this is a necessity in the current times, there is a downside to it.
With more and more time spent sitting behind a desk and working late hours to meet impossible deadlines, one’s fitness has taken a back seat.
So, what exactly is fitness and Why Importance of Yoga in Modern Life?
Were we not supposed to prioritize our health? Is fitness a separate science? Do you have these thoughts when you see a friend’s Instagram post that says, “On my journey to getting fit”?
Not to worry, simply put, health is the overall well-being of the body with all of its organs that are not infected by any diseases.
It also includes mental well-being and Fitness, on the other hand, is more focused and intense. Let’s look at some examples to help us understand the topic better.
Being healthy means staying within your body’s weight limit and not suffering from many ailments.
For example, because two of the group’s synchronized swimmers had a pulled knee, the group was ruled unfit to complete.
Achieving fitness is a process that necessitates several steps. To take a quick look at them:
What is your motivation? What do you want to get in shape for? What do you hope to gain from it? These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself as you embark on your fitness journey.
Understand the Parameters
If you want to be fit enough to lift weights, you should go to the gym and first learn what it takes. If you want to be the next Yoga guru, you must first understand the level of fitness and training required for the job. As a result, there is no set path to fitness.
It’s time to put your feet in the water. See how capable they are once you know what you need to achieve and the steps to get there. Once this analysis is complete, proceed to the next step.
Look for the right people who are experts at assisting you in reaching your goal. You must be consistent and follow the advice of your trainer, coach, or yoga expert.
Finally, nothing is accomplished without hard work and dedication. Build self-motivation, stay consistent, and eat a healthy diet regardless of the type of fitness you seek. Your body will not be able to cope with the routine if you do not eat properly.
But can yoga make me fit?
Yes, indeed! Yoga has grown in popularity over the last decade all over the world. Yoga has become the go-to solution for stress and strain, especially with life on lock down. It’s all over social media.
Yoga has evolved into various forms that are widely practiced by people of all ages, nationalities, and races, but what exactly is Yoga and how does it relate to fitness?
Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word “Yuj,” which means “to join, to unite,” and through the practice of Yoga, one can align all four aspects of a human being – body, mind, feelings, and energy – achieving a higher level of self-realization.
It allows the mind to be free and focused. Yoga, when practiced correctly, energizes the system, allowing it to perform tasks with greater vigor.
How Yoga leads to a fitter you?
- Increase Lung Capacity: In the current situation, this is self-explanatory. Lung capacity is the foundation of everything, whether you’re lifting weights, running, or swimming in the expert category. You will be unable to perform any other type of exercise if this aspect is not present.
- Focus and clarity: Regardless of whether you choose a beginner class of pranayama or an advanced class of Bhakti yoga, both produce clarity of thought. This clarity is essential before beginning any type of fitness activity. Yoga also improves focus because the flow of oxygen from deep breathing helps you focus. Both of the aforementioned are essential for fitness and mental relaxation.
- Weight loss: Almost no one considers Yoga to be a weight-loss tool. The number of calories burned in 10 full sets of Surya Namaskar, on the other hand, is nearly 130. Astounding isn’t it! When done correctly, yoga can also result in structured weight loss. Yoga helps to reduce stress, which in turn reduces the secretion of the hormone cortisol. This hormone is in charge of stress and fat accumulation around the belly.
- Muscle toning and strength building: The best fitness routines include a plank posture. The origins of this well-known muscle-strengthening pose can be traced back to Yoga. Mindful breathing and muscle vibration are effective ways to increase strength.
- Increase flexibility: Yoga is extensively famous for increasing flexibility. This helps, in the long run, to strengthen muscle and reduce pain.
To wrap it up!
All forms of exercise are founded on yogic breathing and some forms of yoga. It isn’t just something celebrities do to look slim and gain followers on social media.
When practiced under the supervision of a trained yogi, it can improve bodily function, unlock mental harmony, and set you on the path to reaching your fitness goals